Top 10 New gTLD’s I’d Like to See
I’ve made a list, in no particular order, of the top 10 new general top level domains (gTLD) I would like to see out and about on the web:
- .tube - I don’t know if Google would allow this but a .tube TLD would allow for thousands of new video content sites, ex: lol.tube
- .app - this will become a reality although I don’t know who will win their bid for it. The future of the web is in apps so, in a way, this TLD may become the new .com.
- .mail - a no brainer, perfect for shorter, simpler email addresses, ex: firstname.lastname@example.org
- .pedia - good for a slew of new online encyclopedias, ex: wiki.pedia
- .sucks - I don’t think this will be approved but it would be funny to see brands being mocked & ridiculed, ex: at&t.sucks
- .blog - I don’t see myself switching to this TLD but others would surely want to, ex: johndoe.blog
- .latino - ¿Quien dice que internet solo debe ser en ingles? Ex: canal48.latino
- .inc - a business oriented TLD for businesses, ex: valleytech.inc
- .online - For those who have both a physical and online presence, ex: shirtstore.online
- .jedi - Hehe. For those dorky enough to append it to their name, unless George Lucas has something to say about it, ex: lukeskywalker.jedi
So long .com age. Next year (some) of these gTLD’s will begin showing up on the web, ushering in a new era for the web as dynamic as it ever has been and more.
For more info go to: ICANN